Blog

Whitford House Hotel Blog

Training Tips for Bootcampers!

  • by WhitfordHouseHotelWexford
  • {0 comments}

A few tips for you's guys enjoy.

1. Train using the most “bang for your buck,” multi-joint lifts. Try to use as many muscles as possible ie. Squats, Presses, Rows and Full body moves.

 2. Avoid isolation, single-joint lifts such as bicep or leg curls unless you have unlimited training time.

 3. Use very short rest periods (10 to 60 seconds) to trigger the greatest growth hormone response.

 4. Vary the tempo of lifting phases and rest periods to provide new stimulus for the body to adapt.

 5. To get lean fast you need to preserve lean tissue. A pound of muscle burns more calories than a pound of fat. Muscle is a furnace for fat.

 6. Use a longer time under tension to burn more energy and increase postexercise oxygen consumption—try a 4-second lowering and 1-second lifting phase.

7. Be as active as possible in daily life. Move more: Take regular brisk walks during the day, always take the stairs, park far away in any parking lot, or do your own yard work.

8. Perform circuit training with little rest between sets for maximal growth hormone response.

9. For gradual fat loss over a longer period, include strength cycles that favor testosterone release with heavier loads (up to 95 percent 1RM), slightly longer rest (2 to 3 minutes), and lots of sets.

10. If you do four hour long workouts a week thats 4% of your week so for the other 96% of the time you need to concentrate on your goals and make sure your not derailing you progress. When you shop try and make your basket reflect how you want to look!

return to main page
Add Here:  
  0 Comments on 'Training Tips for Bootcampers!'
Post a Comment:
Name  
  
Comment  
Email  
  
 
  
Open Info